Thursday, September 23, 2010

Carbs, Carbs and more Carbs


With just 11 days until my 15th marathon its is time to start the most important part of the training process (besides running). That would be fueling up my body for 26.2 miles, and that means plenty of carbohydrates, especially in the 3 days before the race. Since my training was cut a little short this time around,  I really need to concentrate on having enough energy. I know I can make it 26.2 miles, I've done it on less training than I have now, but I don't want to just finish. I need to have enough energy stored up to maintain at least a 7:20 minute mile pace to qualify for Boston. This is also the first time running a marathon on a completely vegetarian diet so it will be interesting how I goes. I have come up with the next weeks eating schedule that I think will meet my needs and it goes like this:
Sunday:
Normal Breakfast and Lunch (Egg Sandwich for breakfast and what ever is in the fridge for lunch)
Dinner - Garbage Plate
Monday:
Normal Breakfast and Lunch
Dinner - Broccoli "Cheese" Soup
Tuesday:
Normal Breakfast and Lunch
Seiten Chicken and Biscuits
Wednesday:
Breakfast - Egg Sandwich w/ Potatoes
Normal Lunch
Dinner - Pizza
Thursday:
Breakfast - Waffles, Potato and Egg
Lunch - Mac-n-"Cheese"
Dinner - Mushroom and Potato Fettuccine Alfredo
Friday:
Breakfast - Waffles, Potato and Egg
Lunch - Left over Alfredo
Dinner - Seiten Beef Stroganoff
Saturday:
Breakfast- Waffles, Potato and Egg
Lunch - Eat Out (Light Sandwich)
Dinner - Eat Out (Light Pasta Dish)
Sunday:
Normal pre race Bagel with peanut butter.

Most of these are my favorite meals and I will try and give a detailed recipe each day. Another part of the last week of marathon training is to keep hydrated (lots and lots of water), to cut down on my alcohol intake and get lots of rest.
Oh who am i kidding, a glass or 2 or 3, of wine and/or beer won't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment