Thursday, October 21, 2010

More wine and a new toy.

As I knew I would, I've been slacking in the blog department. This past week has been busy though so I'll use that as my excuse. Anyways we went to the Finger Lakes again over the weekend to pick up round 2 of our grape juice for wine. Got up early and pulled into Fulkerson around 10:30. Again there was no line, last year we waited in line for almost 30 mins to pick up our juice. This week we were picking up 11 gallons of Vidal and 6 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Right now its bubbling away in the kitchen.
As for the Gewurztraminer and DeChaunac we went get on the previous trip. I had to rack, or siphon the wine off the yeast at the bottom of the bucket, into carboys where it will stay for the next few months clearing up.
 Here are the 2 wine carboys, 5 gallon for the Gewurztraminer and 13 gallon for the DeChaunac, in there new home with acouple of IPA's.
In other news from the weekend, I got a new food processor, the old one just wasn't cutting it.
 The new processor in action, making some White Bean Alfredo.
Actually turned out quite well, i highly recommend this recipe, i know its going to become a staple this winter.

Its also great at shredding up cabbage and carrots for making coleslaw. Is it odd that I'm excited getting a new food processor?
This will have to be my only blog for the week, I'm off to Rhode Island for my B-day weekend and to see Phish. I'll tell you all about it on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new food processor, is it a KitchenAid? The white bean alfredo looks absolutely delicious, but once I read the part about eat right away (my serious cooking weakness being timing of dishes and prep to serve) I think I'll just try a variation for a dip? The amount of time, research and work that goes into wine making is facinating and impressive :) I hope you have a FABULOUS birthday!! I will have to live vicariously through your concert going, since I have not been to a Phish show since 1995 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Michelle, I'll be sure to dance my ass off for you at the show! Yes it is a KitchenAid, my other one was also but a smaller, weaker version. I think the White Bean Alfredo would make an excellent dip. You could even use some different beans to add other colors and flavor, maybe add some red pepper flakes to give it a little heat too.

    ReplyDelete