Thursday, October 7, 2010

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I thought I'd share this easy and delicious chicken pot pie I made last night, since I really have nothing else going on.
First i took some mixed frozen vegetables and  Quorn Chicken Tenders and heated them up.
While that was cooking i added 6 cups of Better than Bullion "No Chicken" Base to a sauce pan and started heating that also. In a separate small skillet I melted 1/2 cup of Earth Balance butter and then slowly whisked in 1/2 cup of flour to make a roux. Whisk the roux into the now simmering broth to thicken it up and pour it onto the cooked chicken and vegetables. Mix together and put to the side.
I was only making 2 pies, this recipe makes about 4 so the rest i added to a small container. For the dough i used 2 sheets of puff pastry and rolled them out and cut to fit the small pie tins, making sure to leave enough to cover the tops also. I then added the chicken and vegetable mix into the pie and covered with the remaining pastry and sliced 2 slits into the top. I did the same with the remaining mix into a small container and covered that with the dough also.

Next i baked at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Made sure to place these on a cookie sheet as they will boil over and make a mess on the bottom of your oven.



This was so quick and easy to make, baking it was the longest part of the process. Which gave me time for my other project, making some ciabatta rolls, well something like them at least, since we love to make sandwiches with them. I saw a recipe on the (never home)maker's blog for Rosemary-Salt Loaves that i thought would be perfect.



They turned out great and taste good too, can't wait to try these on a sandwich soon.
Well the sun is finally out and I think I'll head out for a run, first time since Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment